I am starting to think that maybe I have made too many promises and I am afraid that I won't be able to deliver. The lantern/tissue and now flower thingamabobies are due on Thursday for the grad.
I was looking for something different in white all over the city and came across the martha flowers from a paper bag tutorial. I couldn't see myself putting those together without a complete breakdown so I started playing around with legal white paper and folding it accordion style. I saw that if i clipped the folds a half petal shape it could turn into a flower.
It isn't long enough so I need two sheets that I tape together. It isn't perfect but it will be hanging up fairly high and I think I can get away with it.
This is in no way a tutorial but this is what I did.
I can use the flowers to fill in gaps once they are hung at the event. Maybe I could use double sided tape or glue dots. Not sure.
I came across this picture on the weekend and I couldn't believe it. This is kind of what I am trying to do but in many colors instead of white. And the flowers are so much more sophisticated. All I really need is time now.
They are getting there but my husband hurt his leg playing soccer and now that means I am up and down the ladder for thingamabobie 2. So frustrating.
Maybe I can get back to my bag of happiness next week...hopefully...but then there is the video for the other grad...